Because of my family roots and affinity for the Spanish language, I enjoy sharing my deep love for the music from the Hispanic World.
My year as a Fulbright Scholar to Spain further enriched and deepened my knowledge of the music as well as the culture of Spain; this experience continues to have a tremendous impact on my current activities, with artistic partnerships in both Spain and Portugal, performing works by historical as contemporary composers for festivals and foundations in the US and abroad.
I have had the pleasure to present recitals and symposiums on vocal music from Spain and Latin America at
- The Juilliard School
- The Graduate Center
- Música de Cámara
- University of California at Riverside
- Hollins University
- SUNY Albany
- El Conservatorio Nacional de Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
- University of Nassau (Bahamas)
- Universidad de La Rioja (Spain)
- Summer Courses at Escuela Superior de Canto de Madrid for Project Canción Española and ISCM (Spain).
- Guest teacher with Arts Connection Teen TRAC in New York City
Newly created Artistic Residencies recitals with adjoining workshops about culture, literature and history surrounding the repertoire include:
- “Lorca’s Guitar” for voice, guitar & Spanish dance
- “1915: Trip to Granada” for voice and piano
I have been a featured artist at The Casals Festival of Puerto Rico, Festival Iberoamericano de las Artes in Puerto Rico,Música de Cámara of New York, Joy in Singing, and at the Nassau Music Festival.
Recital venues in Italy, Malta, Spain and Germany include The St. Anton Palace in Valletta (Malta), the Palacio Nacional de Ájuda in Lisbon, Teatro 1793 at Villa Adlrovandi Mazzacorati in Italy, and the ElbPhilharmonie in Hamburg.